So much to catch up on! I haven't been good about updating this partly because I never turn on my computer (I use John's) but I like to put the pictures on mine and update from there, partly because I'm lazy, and partly because I got sick this last week and find it hard to get anything done. But here goes.
Zoey is a wonderful baby. And I don't think I'm saying that just because she's my baby, but maybe I am. She loves to eat and does really well with all the baby food we give her. She ate peas though it wasn't her favorite. The only one she won't eat is green beans. It's sad, John and I both like green beans a lot. I even tried adding salt. But nope. She sleeps really well too. At night she sleeps about 12 hours only waking up once to eat sometime between 2 and 4 usually. During the day she can't seem to stay awake for long amounts of time, usually only 2 hours. And she hasn't been taking naps that are over an hour in length, but I think she's starting to get better and has at least one nap that is longer than that. So that's good.
She had her 6 month check up at the doctor. Can you believe she's already 6 months old?!? She weighs 14.13 lbs (15th percentile), is 25.75 inches (51st percentile). So although she gained weight she did drop in her percentile so we're supposed to try to feed her more. Other than that, she's really healthy and all is looking good.
Another milestone. She started rolling over from her back to her stomach on 5/4/11 just after she turned 5 months. Now she does it all the time even though she never used to like being on her stomach for long. And she appears to have forgotten how to roll back to her back because she just complains about being on her stomach when she's done with it. She likes it more now though and will play and attempt to crawl though she hasn't quite figured that out yet. She's also getting pretty good at sitting on her own. She tips over sometimes so I usually sit with her. But she likes being a big girl and now would rather sit and play than lay on her back and play. We also got an exersaucer and she really enjoys being able to stand and spin around and play with stuff.
Zoey can be quite the chatterbox. Though she has an usual way of communicating. She kind of squeals all the time. It's very cute. They can be quite high pitched too. Definitely a soprano. Sometimes I wonder if she's talking, singing, or trying to sound like whistling. Just the other day, she was upset about going to bed, which is unusual, so I went in to pick her up and calm her down and between her cries and complaining to me there was a very distinct, maaamaaaa! I just laughed because she was complaining and wanted me to know that she was complaining to me or that it was my fault she was mad.
No comments:
Post a Comment