While we have many funny things happen in our lives yesterday we had a funny experience that I still keep laughing over and I just have to share.
It was John's day off of work and in the afternoon we were taking a nap. It wasn't a very long one since Zoey wasn't really sleeping, just playing in bed. I will first explain that I have very poor eyesight and without my glasses my hand will be blurry until it is about 6 inches from my eyes. Also, the day before this I had killed a large spider in one of Zoey's toyboxes. One more thing, I really really really hate spiders. As I get older I hate them more each day.
Well I was laying on my right side facing John (we have a king size bed so he wasn't all that close to me). I woke up and thought I saw something crawling on his head in his hair. Then I immediately recognized that it was probably a spider. So I did what any reasonably sane wife would to to save her husband, I said "Spider in your hair". John immediately jumped out of bed and started brushing at his hair to get rid of the spider. At the same time I sat up surprisingly fast from my right side and did something to my right shoulder in the process. So he's looking for the spider and I'm sitting there holding my shoulder going "ouch ouch ouch". At this point I was thinking much more clearly and now I wasn't so sure if I was awake or not when I saw the spider in his hair. He came back to bed and said "I don't care if there's a spider in my hair, it wasn't going to hurt me, I would have rather kept sleeping". We laid back down to try to rest some more and I started laughing uncontrollably. Every time I stopped laughing I would think "Spider in your hair" and see John jump up and I would start laughing again. Which would only bring more pain to my shoulder. I admitted to him that I wasn't sure if I was awake or not when I saw the spider and that I don't know that I could see very much detail from that far away anyways, so I was probably still asleep. He said he was facing away from me when I said spider in your hair, but I really thought he was facing me. So I guess we'll never know if there actually was a spider in his hair or not, but I'm glad he reacted so quickly to get rid of it. And my shoulder is still very much hurting me. Stupid spider. They're nothing but trouble. Throughout the day we'd say spider in your hair and start laughing once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment